Thursday, April 21, 2011

Nights/days/weeks/weekends

Well I am officially in my second week of working nights. I do love it but I have noticed one thing.....okay many things but the main one is I have NO IDEA what day it is. Not the date but the actually day, monday, thursday, sunday.....Don't have a clue. Score one for DVR not letting me lose any of my precious shows. I have noticed other things, black-out curtains are the BEST. THING. EVER. My dogs are liars, they try to convince me to feed them every chance they get. I caught on this week. Pretty sure they got fed three times a few days last week. Also shopping when you are tired takes twice as long and is half as productive. Other than those minor adjustments, I am handling it pretty well. Now I just need to get my butt motivated and figure out what time I am going to start working out. But I feel the transition is going smoothly.
This week was the first set of severe storms. I toyed with the idea of taking Phoebe to work with me since she has developed a completely irrational fear of storms out of the blue. But the guilt of leaving the other dogs here and a tornado taking my house stomped that one out. After a tornado warning, some rough winds, and severe lightning, I came home to find the house and dogs in one piece. I thought everyone did well but I noticed that after I fed the dogs that Dudley immediately wound up on my bed snoring which is what he did all the next day. Maybe he did spend a lot of the night comforting phoebe. I will never know. Well I am going to end this blog with one of the more depressing things I was told at work. I was leaving and I said "See ya tomorrow" and was corrected with "it is never see ya tomorrow, it is see you later today." Very true when working nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment