Monday, March 14, 2011

Unfamiliar territory...yet so familiar

Well I started my new job today. It was sad to say good bye to the family that I know and love at the clinic and the familiarity of a place i worked at so long. But it is time to take on a new challenge, a new adventure, and one that I needed to take. It was weird to be walking the halls of a place that I spent 18months of my life and that I had spent numerous years working above. I have to admit that I got that sinking feeling in my stomach when I pulled up, afraid I was going to dissappoint everyone, running into people that I am afraid I would curse out, and just being a general failure. But it went well, a lot of people came and welcomed me and recognized me from school or my years volunteering in onco. I have to say that it was nice being in a place that had so many familiar faces yet realizing that everyday is going to be an adventure. I am near some of my close friends there too, nice to know they are just around the corner. I am completely exhausted though. It was a normal 8-5 day but a new environment really does take it out of you. So I have successfully justified this lazy evening since i can say that I was incredibly productive this weekend. I washed curtains, replaced curtains, did tons of laundry and put it away, washed dog beds (which now tess won't sleep on), sewed curtains, hung out with some great friends, and realized how incredibly patient my great Dudley is after being completely harrassed all day on saturday. Poor guy even took one for the team to save Tess. He should be sainted. I think I got a pretty big jump start on spring cleaning.
Now it is time to sit and wait, and hope, my tv can be fixed. I was watching the soup on friday night when the tv turned off. Not just any tv, but the BIG tv, my pride and joy, the monstrosity that is maybe just a wee too big for my living room. My first thought was "AHHHH my dvr'd shows are gone!" See logic didn't set it that 1.) dvr separate from tv and 2.) the power didn't go out, the tv did. After a lot of phone calls to my dad, a round of flashlight fun that included Dudleys help and two barking girls, an some frantic internet searching I found a "repair kit" that should fix it. Now the repair kit scares me because it seems quite in depth, comes with an instructional CD, and recommends having a fire extinguisher handy as well as an old priest and a young priest, a stuffed buffalo, and a rubber mallet. Okay, so maybe just the cd part is true, I guess we will just have to wait and see. Until then I will continue to strain my eyes by watching my tiny flat screen set upon the giant tv.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah so glad to hear that the new job went well. I meant to call and ask how it went, but that is just who I am lately the person that always means to do things. Do you have the kit now? If not let us know when and Kevin will fix it the least we can do for you watching our hounds this weekend.

    ReplyDelete