Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dusting off the keyboard

Yeah, yeah, I get it,  I have been beyond horrible in keeping up with my blog.  Thanksgiving and Christmas have come and past and we are now into Spring!  So what? you ask, has compelled me to write a blog right now?  I am wide awake in my  parents house while everyone sleeps.  See the joy of working the night shift.  If I were in my own house, I could be cleaning, or watching my DVR'd shows, or generally puttering around the house but since I am, instead, stuck in a bedroom with my three dogs THINKING of all the things I could be doing, I decided to update my blog.  And to vent as well, since this visit is far from enjoyable (except for seeing the baby).  Yep Baby! I got a nephew for Christmas! I will post pics later but since I am typing this on a bed, sans mouse, and my laptop hates me anyways, I will refrain from photos and the end result cursing and no blog at all. 
Visiting other peoples houses always suck.  I miss my bed, my thermostat, my schedule.  When you throw in a person who works the night shift, things tend to get even worse.  I can't sleep, even with some pharmaceutical assistance (please kick in soon), my stomach wakes me up at random times for meals (which induce snide remarks), and I can pretty much eat anything at anytime.  Pizza at 7am?  Sure! And no I haven't been drinking nor am I still drunk.  Then come morning I have very little sleep on board because when my body eventually decides it wants to REM, well, everyone else is up and about.  Introduce grumpiness and ya know what doesn't help?  Lecturing me.  Just an FYI.  So yes, me visiting others just doesn't end well.  My dogs tend to handle it better than me because they are okay to sleep or play whenever, which is why I have a snoring lump in my covers and two black shaggy carpets.  Well since I could go on and on at how annoyed I am, maybe I can finally get some rest.   I will end with my Top Ten List of Stuff:
1. I have a perfect nephew
2. I recently had my first adventure at IKEA and am officially hooked.
3. Hunger games! Love Lenny as Cinna
4. Pinterest!
5. I am still a Coach addict (admitting is step 1 correct?)
6. I have had my 1 year anniversary at ER/ICU. 
7. I am contemplating a new tattoo.
8. I am still bitter about my firing (especially as more and more emerges about c-diff) and I probably always will be, but as long as it doesn't overcome my sweetness I guess it is okay.  I read that sweetness part somewhere and though when people look at me, they don't see sweet, I hope they don't see bitter.
9. I need a vacation
10.  May 10th!!! I am sad that in the next couple of months I will not only lose the wonderful students from the last year but a few months later, the interns as well.  May 10th is Medicine Ball and I am a little excited to get together with these people that I have come to know and love over the last year and hang out somewhere other than the vet school.

I am ready for summer and though I unfortunately I don't see a vacation in my future, I do see some afternoons spent at my favorite resort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment