Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My life is a sit-com?

Not really. My dad always accuses me and my brother of watching too much tv, quoting too many movie/tv quotes, and speaking our own language. All of which may be a little bit true. We do speak our own language and we do know how to finish a lot of lines. Like if I were to say "harses, harses, harses, harses" he would be sure to sing Jingle Bells. Why? If you don't know then you really, I mean really need to watch Sleepless in Seattle.
One of my all time favorite shows is Scrubs. Sometimes I feel like I am in it. I work nights so things tend to be a little more......crazy. Goofy. Random. And I think to myself (in a totally JD head tilting way) that this scenario should totally be on an episode of Scrubs. I even have a group of friends (that do watch it) and our meetings are referred to as the Brain Trust. There is no evil Janitor, no rambling mean resident, *at least not rambling and no chief who has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap, but most of the time, amongst the chaos, there is laughs and shenanigans. Friendships are built that are hard to explain. In fact, this whole blog seems a little obsolete. Maybe there is too much in my head that hasn't come out. I guess I would rather my life be more like Scrubs then Sex and the City these days. I may continue to use random quotes that confuse people like "why does an hen need a banjo?" and "isn't that the giant pickle on the crap sandwhich that is my day." I may continue to think in my head and overanalyze every situation. And I will continue to speak our language with my brother. In fact, I do plan on passing this language down to little Bootsy or Jaco.
So to answer the question of this blog title....is my life a sit-com? No, but sometimes all you can do is laugh because if you don't, the next option is crying. In high stress situations, sometimes those are the only two emotions you got.

No comments:

Post a Comment