Saturday, November 20, 2010

Christmas Parade #1 of the season

Well we unpacked our antlers and santa hats and hit the streets today for the annual Flora Christmas parade. Dudley did his duty representing the Red Cross mascot, but if you ask me, he steals the show. After this long week that included a swollen finger and craziness by the end of it, I was ready for the much needed fun with my Red Cross family. Of course the parade, or should I say the decorating at the beginning of the parade, always includes our own version of reindeer games. After as many parades as we have been in, we still manage to forget a step ladder for decorating those hard to reach places. This usually ends up in some form of DAT team pyramid, luckily with no fancy dismounts. I hope to acquire some pictures of this soon. I was a supporting member of said pyramid and therefore was unable to document danger time (Dudley helped too by licking the base person's face). I guess it is a good thing we all know first aid. One year when I still had Deli, she rode shotgun in the DOC with Joan. Joan told me today that she wished I had brought Phoebe for her to hold during the Christmas parade. I tried to explain the Deli was 15 and happy to be held whilst Phoebe, on the other hand, is an ongoing game in Bloomfield on who can hold onto her the longest. As you can see by the end, Joan got some much needed puppy loving on the way home from the parade. Anyway, enjoy the pictures! I am now starting to get into that holiday mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment