Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's that time of year again

The time when the days get shorter, we all pray that we might get to see a hint of sunlight, and mint m&ms. No wait. Christmas time. Yes I know it isn't even thanksgiving yet but if you are like me and wondering how you are going to afford christmas presents for everyone you care for, you can understand why it is constantly on my mind. I did hear the excellent news that Mom and Dad found me a pre-lit christmas tree. Now I don't have to worry about this:
Yes that was the christmas tree skirt that she rolled up in....

I can't guarantee that there won't be any incidents regarding the tree, but hopefull not as drastic. I have noticed as my animals change from two fourteen year old dogs who didn't care, to a puppy, rescue dog, and the cat who is obsessed with tape and ribbon passing along his annoying traits to the kitten, that my present wrapping isn't as extravagent as it use to be. I use to take pride in my gorgeous present wrapping skills (perfected the year I had chicken pox over christmas) but now I am lucky to get them out of the house in one piece without any re-wrapping. Nope, now I just have to worry about buying presents, traveling, weather, and where the heck my porch cat went. I am concerned that the new neighborhood owl carried him off. I heard the owl the other night when I had the dogs out, which made me immediately call Phoebe in. Which Phoebe took as a great time to start bunny hopping all around the backyard. Fingers crossed that Mario (aka Porch cat) comes home soon, the owl moves on, and all will be happy this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment