Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sleep in heavenly peace....

After a rough couple of days including plenty of food and shopping and not enough sleep, I have finally gotten into the christmas spirit....or at least am well on my way there. I have the tree up....and so far it is still standing. But there did seem to be an extra part in my tree box...

I then decided to try to take pictures for my christmas cards. This one is my favorite but the hair on the carpet wouldn't exactly crop out of the picture the way I liked, so you get to enjoy it. One would think with my new vaccuum (thank you mom and dad! Best vaccuum EVER) that the carpet would be cleaner but I didn't exactly make it all the way through the living room on the test run. I was too tired to get all the rooms (but my hallway looks fantastic)! This is what inspired my blog title as well as the many wonderful naps I have experienced the last three days. The cats didn't make the card this year, but I think they were happy to escape the photo session. They did however enjoy the tree and the new tree skirt from big lots (I am not going to pay a lot of money on something that could very well be eaten).

Mom and dad came up for Thanksgiving and some early (very early and cold...and early) shopping. Dad got to spend some quality time with the cats. And even nap with Lola, his girlfriend. Lola LOVES my dad. Somewhere in her tiny little brain, I think she thinks they live here and just work a lot. They were around a lot when I moved which happened to be near the time I got her. Anyways she is always near when he is around. All in all, it was a good thanksgiving and some holiday shopping is done. The tree is up and some presents are wrapped. Now tomorrow maybe I will try out some of my new toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment