Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Down with the funk

You may have been wondering where I have been recently. Well I woke up saturday not feeling "right." I couldn't pinpoint the reason why I felt bad so I just lounged all day watching tv and enjoying my snuggie. I LOVE MY SNUGGIE. It is not an actual Snuggie it is a Nightmare before Christmas couch blanket, same thing. Except the super cool thing about this Snuggie is that it has a giant Jack Skelleton face right where Chaplin lays therefore the white hair is invisible. How handy! Well Saturday night brought a night with coughing, coughing, not breathing, coughing and more coughing. Pretty much the brink of misery. Until something dinged in my head. Hmm....my doctor prescribed codeine for my back....codeine is also a cough suppressant.. Excellent. I finally get some sleep so that i can take Dudley to the clicker class sunday morning. Now Dudley doesn't really need the clicker class per se but he is the best out of the three children and I wanted to get some more experience with it so I could use it on the girls. Dudley did okay besides the fact that he is a big momma's boy and has ADD. At least we got some experience. At this point I feel like crap....warmed over, then frozen and crapped again. Or something along those lines. I try to sleep most of sunday but again the coughing is only abated by the codeine which renders me unconscious. Now I have had many suggestions, all of which are useful or would be useful if it could actually work. Like a humidifier. I have one of those. It worked great until the cats discovered it and then I would wake up in the middle of the night and they would be sitting directly in front of it. Everyone needs more cat hair in the air, especially damp cat hair, that would definitely help the cough. So I decided against that. I am sticking with my codeine and benadryl, yep I have been a lively person the last four days. If you have talked to me, you are lucky because it was probably in the time when my codeine ran out but not the benadryl. Anyways, I am now on the upswing, I think. I am to the point where i sound worse but feel better and when I lay down I don't sound like Wheezy from Toy Story. In the midst of all of the sickness my tooth started bothering me. Well since i am taking full advantage of my COBRA before I join the uninsured again, I decided to make a dentist appointment. What concerned me is upon examining the tooth, there was a brown spot on it. Crap, this means a cavity, which means filling it which means gigantic needle IN MY MOUTH. I don't like needles. I work with them everyday. I even got poked by one trillions of time for a tattoo but when it comes to me getting treated with one, bad idea. I remember getting injected in my back and looking at the needle and thinking "wow an 18ga needle, that seems...OUCH!!! SON OF NUTCRACKER! I better sit down...feeling dizzy.." So if I see them, I then identify the size and then I can't handle it. So I have worked with this dentist in the past and he actually put a towel over my eyes so I couldn't see the needle headed towards my mouth and it worked well. This time he trusted me enough to just keep my eyes closed. Seriously, if I looked, I would only be hurting myself anyways. But it is filled, my teeth are cleaned, my head is less stopped up and I am getting cabin fever. Of course the house is a pit at the moment, but I am not that restless to clean it just yet. Probably just find my Snuggie and work on emptying out my DVR some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment