Friday, January 21, 2011

SAD and sad

It is that time of year again, I know I start a lot of blogs that way. But it is that time of year when the SAD starts to get me down. Seasonal Affective Disorder. It usually hits me about this time because in December and November we are still excited about the first snow and the holidays. January is when you start wishing summer would come again or that you had the money to go to a very warm place. I thought I was doing rather well this year, I love the people I work with, things were looking up, and then wammo! It hit me like a ton of bricks last night that lingered into today. I had a doctor once (a real doctor) that recommended tanning to help alleviate the SAD symptoms. I don't know if it is the warmth, the light, or not being bothered by anyone or anything for 10minutes, but it always seemed to work. So my new mission is to find a salon that will let me tan 10 minutes once a week and where I don't have to fight the Spring Break crowd. It is not the healthiest way to deal with it, but better than crying on the couch for 18hours.
The second sad hits a little more closer to home. As you know, my brother won a battle with testicular cancer. He has a blog which is inspiring and very real. (www.theonenutwonder.blogspot.com)
Sometimes, don't you wish that you could take the pain, stress, and trials away from your family members, if just for one day? I wish I could. But we can't. We can support and pray.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to
prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah
29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment