Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A practice in patience....and keeping my mouth shut

If you have known me for any extended amount of time, you probably have figured out that 1.) Patience is not my virtue and 2.) I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut. Well I have found myself improving greatly on both of these fronts. I do believe that Tess has increased my patience level, because I learned early on with her that if I push her then it will take me twice as long to get back to the same place. I am hoping that I can maintain this new found patience in the weeks to come when the students switch over and we get a bunch of fresh faced newbies. I believe I can....or at least I hope.
Keeping my mouth shut, another Peterson virtue of quick tempers. I do tend to snap quite quickly when people tick me off. But through many years in theater, I have learned to smile and fake it. Of course behind that smile is me thinking " you stupid piece of ......" or "Listen ......." but I don't. I have had to keep my mouth shut a lot lately, I have learned it is best not to stir the pot, poke the bear, or any other weird phrases that basically mean "do not create drama." I guess I am kinda proud of myself because it is a known mathematic equation that as my sleep deprivation increases my filter and patience decrease. Yay for me.
Now for the bunny situation. Well yesterday I felt I was in a frat party dare gone desperately wrong. The milk crate had deterred the dogs despite what you all are thinking until Dudley ran into it and knocked it off the bunny hole. I come outside to find Tess with one in her mouth. I tell her to drop it which apparently translates into "eat faster" therefore she tries to SWALLOW IT WHOLE. (I couldn't help thinking about people swallowing whole goldfish.) I pull the victin out of her gullet by it's back legs. Seriously it was that far down there. I toss the victim aside to wrestle her in. When I come back out I realize that Phoebe has only the hind limbs and some intestines remaining. Joy. Now my concern is whether or not Phoebe's tiny GI system can pass a rabbit skull. Yes it can, at least that is the advice I got from the ever so helpful Momma J. Now there are many jokes of crowning flying around that I will not get into since it involves mental images that will keep you awake at night. The rest of the bunnies got relocated and taken to a wildlife center....or at least i thought the rest of the them but sometime in the evening last night Tess was carrying around another one. Since she apparently didn't like me sticking my hand down her throat she dropped this one fast and he was off. I tried to place him back in his hole with milk crate in place and he jumped through the milk crate openings. After several chases across the backyard (by me not the dogs) I can only assume this guy is not an original group since he can move at a swift speed and the others didn't even have their eyes open. I put him over the fence and hope he found his way, far away from the other 17 dogs on my block. Good riddance little bunnies, and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment