Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Things I have learned

First of all, to set matters straight. I do NOT own any Hanson or the like cds, I do however have these songs, but so does Tom since it is on the billboard greatest hits for whatever year that annoying song came out. And despite his moaning, his likes the song "steal my sunshine." Fact.

Well after my first week of flying solo at work not only did I come out beaten and exhausted but I also came out a little smarter. I think I did okay considering that there were a lot of times that I had to lean on others for help, and then we even bribed ourselves with a trip to outlet malls after the next paycheck. That just goes to prove how the last week went. I guess the Seniors had to make their last week a doozy. But I learned a lot, here are just a few tips:
1.) Any vertical writing surface is a bad idea for a left handed person....dry erase, chalk boards,....etc.
2.) Cat bags are not specie specific.
3.) Double and triple check.....everything
4.) When all else fails, wing-it, even if the receptionists may hate you.
5.) At 8am in the morning after a crazy night, everything is funny
6.) At 8am in the morning when everything is funny, you tend to have zero strength left to fight.
7.) Triple XXX makes everything better, the food that is.
8.) A homemade belly band is genius
9.) Bribery will get you anywhere, even if you are just bribing yourself
10.) I work with a great group of people!!

I learned a lot and I learned to enjoy my days off even more. In fact, I treated today (Tuesday is it?) like a Sunday and did absolutely NOTHING. Beside write this blog, and now I am going to clean the bathroom, but nothing was planned for me to do today. My newest project, a fabric baby gate, let's hope my dogs aren't smart enough to figure this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment