Sunday, August 15, 2010

Huh....

Well my parents just left after visiting this weekend. They decided to come up and meet the new grand-dog. Things went well even though Tess scaled the compound effortlessly when all of us were out there. (I am sure my dad had a flash back moment of when Capricorn got loose and was never to be found again.) But I didn't panic, this being her third time and all, I know she doesn't cross roads and she eventually comes back. She was soo spooked though that we finally had to open the gate and let her decide to come in herself. But all in all I think she did very well for meeting two new people and a new dog. All the dogs are exhausted now and the fence had some repairs done to it to help deter her. I am still not going to trust her without having her on a runner but in case accidents happen, this should slow her down some...should being the key word.
We had a nice dinner last night, O'Charleys of course and dad enjoyed the multiple channels on the tv. This morning went a little rougher though. First of all, my parents dog, Scout, is a waterholic. He drinks and drinks and drinks and drinks. And my dogs have three water bowls in the kitchen alone (they each prefer a different one plus the cats join in). Well after Scout drinks his weight in water he decides to piss all over my living room and back porch. This irritates me to no end. I HATE male dogs for the very reason of the pissing. Dudley will get mad and pee on things but Scout is all about the marking. Now my back porch reeks of urine and I need to shampoo my carpet. So this morning I was yelling at Scout to cut him off from drinking so much water when dad gets his panties in a bunch for me yelling at his perfect dog. Things seem to have gone downhill from there. He didn't realize I was upset that Scout pissed on everything....ummm...hello?? I mean, Scout peed on my brand new couch...twice....the weekend I got it. This peeing thing is getting old. Not to mention that I always fear that Dudley will feel the need to remark everything but I think even Dudley is getting tired of this nonsense. I thought things were smoothed over after breakfast and fence fixing until me and Mom return from shopping. Now granted we sometimes take a long time shopping, but this is a back to school weekend and BGR so we don't linger at department stores long. Especially after church getting out time. So we were back pretty speedy to find solemn Bob. I first thought we woke him up, then I thought he ran across something like my bills or cocaine (seriously that is how guilty I feel) or a dead body. But he said he was fine, ate lunch and then he seemed to literally run for the door. They couldn't get out of her fast enough or at least dad couldn't. I know he is stressed from all the situations in Missouri right now, I think we all are, but I can help but have an uneasy feeling. What the hell happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment