Saturday, August 7, 2010

Those lazy hazy days of summer....

Well not so lazy. I did get up this morning and yard sale and then worked for a bit. But then I took the worlds best nap this afternoon. It was awesome. My plans for the rest of the night? Probably watch some more house and work on room records. I live on the wild side.

Speaking of the wild side, I went and played Bingo thursday night. I am definitely NOT cut out for that game. I get disappointed too easily. I get my hopes up when I only need one more number and then they all come crashing down when I lose. The thing is, it is purely a game of luck....maybe that is the depressing part. It just reminds me of how horrible my luck really is. If it took any skill than I could always blame my epic failure on my lack of said skill. I really cannot do that with bingo.

I am super excited that I just got a new dog niece. I have been getting pics via mobile and they are adorable! She is a rescue basenji from Florida (not my ideal dog but who am I to talk? I have a jack rat.) She has the wrinkliest (word?) forehead I have ever seen!! My SIL says she is very timid and needs lots of work but I can totally understand. My biggest milestones with Tess are her actually liking to get petted. Sad really. But she is in a good home now. Just when I think we have had a major breakthrough, she won't come in the kitchen because I moved the dog bed to swiffer. Poor thing. Definitely do NOT think she will be ready for the Christmas parade this year. I can't wait for other people to meet her, but she is TERRIFIED of everything. I don't even know what she will do with kids. Soon everyone will get to meet the new family member though.

I feel like I haven't been to work in ages. I have been working, just not in my normal building. I have been working at a different lab for the last three days and even though I come home exhausted, it has been nice. Who's to say what I will return to on monday, but quite frankly, I don't give two shits. And I give shit out pretty easily. ;)
I guess I am thankful that I do have solid people at work that I can count on. It makes me greatful to have those few rocks to help me make it through the day. It sucks to not entirely enjoy the homeys you work with, but at least I have friends close by to come home to. For that, I am eternally thankful.

Yep this has been a rambling message. I blame the fact that my brain is still mush from all the ambient noise that I have to work in when I work at the other building. There are three fume hoods, a ventilated rack, a hair dryer, a drill, an ultrasonic cleaner, and a microCT all running at the same time for 8 hours straight. I come out with my head spinning and a little bit of nystagmus.

Well I must go. My perfect evening of letting the dogs enjoy some decent weather outside has been ruined yet again by the asshats behind me. Someday they will sell that house and hopefully people with sense will move in. I don't think it will be anytime soon with the price they are asking though. grrrr..

No comments:

Post a Comment