Monday, June 13, 2011

BRATs!

This past weekend I got the pleasure to spend some time with my brother and SIL. This included going to a BRAT convention. What is a BRAT convention? It stands for Basenji Rescue and Transport. It was an interesting experience and also qualified for some CE (woohoo!) The main reason we went is because they have a rescue basenji from the infamous Wimauma pack. I got some cool pics and had a great time with them.



This is quite possibly a family photo.A group shot of the rescued basenjis that made the conference:


I have never been to a convention were animals were allowed AT the convention and one would think since it was basenjis it would be quiet, not the case. Every so often you would hear what I can only describe as a tasmanian devil outburst. Sometimes I think barking would be better. But everyone got along for the most part, but I think I will stick with my barking dogs...except when Phoebe and the corgis fight.


Everything else seems to be cruising right along, it is about time to say good-bye to our fabulous interns and get a new group in. I have to laugh because one of the interns I have worked with for the last two weeks just now realized I am a sarcastic person. Woopsie. Maybe I should turn off my sarcastic charm when working around new people. Working nights is still hard to get use to, I have a hard time keeping in touch with my friends. So if any of you are reading this, I am sorry, I am trying!!


Now I suppose I must go mow the lawn so I can get to my next item on my to-do list which is bring up the summer clothes. I know, I am a slacker but today I realized I couldn't find my good bathing suit because it was still packed (at least that is what I am hoping). I am happy though because I am now sporting my first sun-burn of the season, kinda nice and it was a great time spending the day with Nicole and her kids at their fabulous pool. Happy Summer everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment