Thursday, June 23, 2011

Oh the joy of procrastination, no money, and long summers

Well from my last post things have looked up. I am slowly working on getting things right with dad which includes a special savings account. But that is another long story that may never be told. Let's just say, I am on the right track.

Now as I am on the right track and currently procrastinating in doing my bills, and cleaning my kitchen, and getting ready for work, I realize that my summer is going to be filled with extra shifts and "projects."

One of my main projects is that I do believe I want to have a yard sale by the end of the summer, I have a ton of stuff that needs weeded out (I learned from switching winter to summer clothes). That is my goal before the end of this summer. But the quickly approaching holiday makes me realize how much things have changed.

I use to live next door to people who thought 4th of July was the Best. Holiday. Ever. and celebrated it for 2-3 days non-stop. That was great when I had two deafish dogs and one who loved fireworks. Now I have a jack/rat terrified of loud noises and one who I have not owned near the 4th of July. My plan? Probably put the thundershirt on Phoebe and paint my basement. Yep, I lead an exciting life. Maybe I will see if I can coax any of my friends who own pools to let me lounge in theirs during the day. (Hint hint if you are reading this.) I was invited to go to Indy and do that exact thing with Mandy but I have horrible visions of chasing Tess around Indianapolis in the middle of the 4th of July madness. I am not that brave. I need to see if she is fearless like Dud or a wuss like Phoebe. This is Phoebe's 4th of July outfit:



Also known as the thundershirt. As a dog who tries to actively run out of any clothes put on her, she will come up to me to put this on at the first hint of thunder. Of course as soon as the storm is gone, she is trying to run out of it. As long as it works.

I have many "projects" that I hope to get done this summer, most which involve stuff I already have and just actually doing it. I will keep you posted on the progress, but let's not forget my blog title. So don't hold your breath.

We are quickly approaching the end of our time with our current interns. I love them. Here is a pic of them, along with Dr. Johnsons' (Momma and Poppa). I stole it off Stich's facebook page. :)



You guys are great and we will miss you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment