Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm Pissed...it is my right.

I am very disappointed at the fact that I am not currently at the DMB concert. I have been looking forward to it for a week now. But two days ago I learned a very important lesson. Do not order mayo on a sandwhich that is delivered in 90 degree weather. Mayo was a BAD idea. Lets just say that the next morning the phone conversation with my mom went as follows...
Me: "MOM, how do I clean vomit out of the shower?"
Mom: "ummmm, ewwwww, just run the shower for a really long time and hope for the best."
Thanks for the motherly advice.
That was thursday morning. It is now friday night, when I should be at the Dave concert, but I am instead typing on this blog that no one reads.
While I am drinking my gatorade and eating cheez-its I am comforting myself by the fact that it is a tornado over Deer Creek right now. Even though our seats aren't in the lawn, I would still have to walk through the mud back to the car. It isn't really helping, but there is not much I can do now. There is no way I could have drove there without pulling over every 30minutes and exploding and I would have just had to take up residence in the nasty Deer Creek bathrooms. Still not very fun. Guess I will watch The Soup and pray for a rain date. I will instead look forward to going to the Taste of Tippecanoe tomorrow with the Mikes and watching the W.T. Feaster band. I have never been to the Taste and who doesn't love fireworks?!? On the plus side, I got to watch Rent today on TV. Yes, I know I own it on DVD, but that would have been too much effort. So I will end with my favorite lyric:
To days of inspiration, playing hookey, making something out of nothing, the need to express, to communicate, to going against the grain, going insane, going mad.
P. S. I was NOT playing hookey, if I was, do you really think I would be sitting at home and not at the Dave Concert right now?!?! Yep, I am going to be bitter about this for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment