Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A woman's right to a non-horrible day

Yep, you read the headline correctly. This isn't a complaining blog..at least not too much. Granted I am tired, I ache all over (for no apparent reason), I need to mow my lawn, my house is a mess, and I am trying to figure out exactly what time I can go to bed and the dogs won't eat me in my sleep or pee on the floor. All in all though, today was not a horrible day. We had some out of town physicians come in and do some amazing work. I also learned some fascinating facts:
These two men were referring to the vagina as a Virginia. (grown men)
The female organs are referred to as the "organs of darkness."
In Australia the term fanny actually means the Virginia, so fanny pack takes on a whole new meaning.
Also in Australia the term "root" (as in for the home team) means to have sex and to use the term "I am stuffed' (like full of food) also refers to being screwed. Good to know.
The men were doing some laparoscopic procedures which involved passing by the "organs of darkness" which I guess spurred the rest of the conversation. Throughout the whole procedure I was having flashbacks of 1.) Innerspace and 2.) the scene in Scrubs where Turk gets lost using a scope and the assistant keeps telling him to turn around or ask for directions. Which actually re-instates the fact the my life, indeed, does revolve around television.
But today was an okay day. I am hoping friday is a good day. I am going to see my future husband on stage, yep, Dave Matthews, I heart him so. I also get to hang out with a good friend from Tech School who I haven't seen in forever. Hopefully I don't lose two friends in the process, since Leah and Kevin are taking the pups for the evening. Oh, Phoebe, please be on your best behavior, which still isn't saying much. Fingers crossed for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment