Friday, February 25, 2011

Genes

To continue on my post from yesterday and my snobbiness, I can only credit it to one person. My dad and his side of the family. Whenever we travel, all my dad wants to do is get home to his own bed. We are both home-bodies whereas Mom can sleep anywhere. There are many other things I can credit to my dad's side of the family....
My big ears....yep they are huge
My temper....if you haven't seen it yet, consider yourself lucky
My mean streak...see above
My soft heart...how many pets do I have and what is each one's sob story?
The difference between me and dad is that he likes the movie Dumbo and I hate it, but that is because of a horrible experience thanks to dad and tom, and mom abandoning me in their company.
Also I really hope I get the aging gene from my mom, her hair doesn't gray, it gets darker and she does not look her age at all. My dad doesn't look his age either but unfortunately he has the gray gene.
I tend to think my brother has more of my mom's side of the family genes. He can bargain anyone out of anything, he knows a little bit of useful knowledge about anything, he can pick at you until you want to smack him, and he can control his emotions a lot better than I can. Now both Tom and I have what my mom calls the "peterson walk," which dad claims is from having one leg shorter than the other. We all love music and the crude sense of humor, well I don't know where it comes from but we all have it, which is why I will never, EVER, bring anyone home. All in all I think we are both a good mashup of each side of the family, except my temper gets me to in trouble more than I would like to admit....how many roommates have I had? But I keep in touch with most of them and in my defense, my first one was a little crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment