Sunday, February 13, 2011

I wear mittens to bed

Not really. Well kinda. See years ago I had bilateral carpal tunnel surgery. Ever since, to prevent reoccurence, I have to wear these braces at night. Apparently I am curling when I sleep. Not the olympic event curler, but a night sleeper curler. I like to bend my wrists and curl my hands inside. Anyone who evers knows me knows that I am a strange sleeper. I can sleep through anything, a fire truck parked in front of my house, three alarm clocks, my brother yelling steam roller and rolling the sleeping bag over my face....wait, no I remember that. But I do wake up in the morning with my braces off and thrown across the room. They have become significantly easier to take off since someone was a puppy and ate the velcro off....and if you have ever bought the night braces, you know they ain't cheap. The other night though, when it was freezing cold, I admit it was nice to have them, it was kinda like nite-time mittens. See I am also one of those people who sleeps in short and a t-shirt regardless of the weather, I have a fan going year round, and cannot wear socks unless it is with shoes much less to bed. Maybe I will market night mittens and be as rich as the person who invented the snuggie.
Yes, I know this is a very random post, but I am enjoying my sunday off doing absolutely nothing but maybe a load of laundry and cleaning the litter boxes. This weekend has been jam packed with a variety of activities and I am thoroughly enjoying catching up on my DVrd shows and blogging aimlessly. Congrats to my friend Gina from Tech school and her new baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment