Tuesday, February 22, 2011

When I can't change things happening around me....

I tend to want to change the inanimate objects around me. For instance, I want these curtains (perhaps a different color)for my bedroom so I can move the colorful curtains from my bedroom into my living room.
I would like some more color in my living room. My bedroom curtains would be a great addition and still semi-match the theme. This would then cause a small change in my bedroom....see I need the following: Sheets that don't attract dog hair (I only have two sets that do so or don't so), a comforter that doesn't show dog hair as bad, and a bed skirt to match the above (do we see a theme, such as dog hair?) The theme of my bedroom is beachy, I am still sticking with that theme, just ready for something new and since I don't have the energy to paint anything or remove wallpaper and I still haven't bribed anyone to help me move the futon upstairs, I have decided to day dream because I can't afford any of it. I have found what I want and none of it is too expensive but since I have zero extra money, maybe I should just move on and focus elsewhere..... The point of all this redecorating mumbo jumbo? One, I am sick of looking at the same gloomy stuff, two, Phoebe is going through her peeing on the sheets stage again and I am sick of washing sheets everynight, and three, there is a lot going on in my head and I tend to deal with it by acting out....acting out by redecorating or cleaning obsessively. Usually cleaning helps but now I need something to make me happy, like when I look at it, I smile. There is so much in my head that I need to get out. So much that I don't want to talk about but need to, so much that I know others need to talk about but don't want to, so much I wish I could help with. So for now I will continue to daydream, clean, and pray for those who need comfort.

1 comment:

  1. I have those curtains in khaki in my kitchen!!!
    If you want to clear your head, I'm only a text away! :o)

    ReplyDelete