Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Maybe I should get out more.

I love tv, there is no question. I found myself today realizing that a lot of my favorite retorts, comebacks, or questions are often quoted from a movie or TV show. It is so bad that my dad swears that my brother and I speak in our own language, which is kinda true. SO below are some of my favorite quotes, feel free to let me know if you recognize them (it might make me feel better.)
That's what she said (the best and most used at work)
Why does an old hen need a banjo?
Why do I need a saw if I don't have anything to cut?
Busting chops today.
Well life handed me a big pile of shit, what am I supposed to do with that?
Did you try staples?
It tastes like burning.
I saw that!
I'm not mad, that's amazing.
It's cold enough outside to freeze your winnebago.
Heat-wave! This is my island in the sun.
We have a jumper.
You were cleaning yourself ten minutes ago, now it is just a vacation.
I'm a kid, that's my job.
It's like a wood-pecker with headache, he be peckin lightly.. (song quote).
And I am sure there are many more that escape me right now. But the reason I started this was because I found myself sitting in an animal room this afternoon on a rubbermaid cart, with a laptop open on the bottom portion of a gurney, the animal I was doing anesthesia on ontop of the gurney, and my calendar laid out next to the laptop. On top of my calendar was a plethura of post-its (do you even know what a plethura is??) and I think to myself "look at all the guys who broke up with you and you are just fine." Which is from SATC when she gets dumped on a post-it. That is when I realized that either I need a hobby or at least a little more human interaction throughout the day.
But tonight I will continue to watch SYTYCD because 1.) Mary Murphy is not judging so I don't have to mute it and 2.) watching Jose and Kent dance just makes me so damn happy.
On a side note it is hot. HOT. Yet I find myself going to the tanning bed, why? Because I have this dinner to go to friday night and I figured if I am not going to be thin, I might as well be tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment