Thursday, July 1, 2010

Keep your mouth shut!

This is going to be my biggest challenge tomorrow. I posted on facebook that the term "necessary" does not equal possible. It is very true. We are getting pushed towards things considered necessary which aren't possible....particularly because not all involved know the complete story. Another struggle of mine. So I am just going to get through the day tomorrow keeping my mouth shut. Smile and nod. Yep, I am going to roll over and play dead. This should be fun.


Now to be completely juvenile, I dated someone over 2 years ago. We parted ways, not so nicely, because he said and I quote "you are just waiting for an excuse to kill that dog" in reference to my beloved Sammy. I was not wanting an excuse to kill him, I was trying to keep him from suffering. So my reply was none to nice. The thought that anyone would ever doubt my care towards my animals was enough for me to put you on "that" list. So now, he is friending everyone on facebook but me. Shouldn't bother me but it does. It is just one of those weeks where everything gets under your skin and you feel like no one is on your side. So in my defense, check out the following pics. WARNING!!!!!! Some of them are during his final days. My decision was soooo hard that I even asked my BFF to come up to help me make the right decision.





























This photo was taken after a midnight run to the clinic to see Dr. Emily (Sam's favorite vet) and a shot of Lasix. Apparently he had to pee on the way home....on Amber.







Now if you are going to doubt my decision, here is a picture of the morning I made "the" decision.







And if I had any doubt, his sister was telling me it was time as well...












So anyway, that day, I said good-bye to my little man. He was wearing his favorite shirt, a Purdue Hoody. I am a little weepy as I write this. I know I made the right decision, so don't EVER doubt me. I am a big lobbier for quality of life. I always say I want to open a "quality of life shelter" instead of a no-kill shelter. But that is a different blog for a different day.
Here is my favorite pic of him.



In Loving Memory of Samson Edward.....

I guess my mind is off of work.

1 comment:

  1. Who knew a dog so small could pee so much. Despite the circumstances, that's my favorite Sammy moment.

    ReplyDelete