Saturday, September 11, 2010

Still here.

Yep, I am still here. I worked 5 hours this morning after spending all day yesterday vomiting. One would think that someone would offer to work for me this morning instead but no one understands the shit that I deal with at work. Everyone still believes that I am making this up. If I were to make this up, damn I am very committed. I not only, make myself go to various doctors (spend money), put my job in jeopardy, feel like shit 90% of the time, and now I got $700 antibiotics. I am SO good. Who else would put some much work and effort into a fake story?!? I guess I am grumpy, these meds make me very irritable. You can ask the dogs. I find myself leaving the house to do ANYTHING because the dogs and cats are driving me crazy. Hopefully the next two weeks go by quickly because if my mood continues like this, I am pretty sure I am going to bitch slap someone. Not sure who, but someone.
This week, as most of you all know, has been a doozey. Again I thank, thank, thank everyone for the prayers. It is sad that it is situations like this that show who your true friends are. I have people I have known for less than a year asking me how my family is and there are people i have know for years...like 7 to be exact....and have not said a word to me..no email, no text, nothing. That sucks. Put your pettiness aside and look at the bigger picture for once. I could go one about how the holier than thou attitudes only go so far but I am not sure if that is the medicine talking or the truth. Somehow it is hitting pretty below the belt in my mind. Remember folks, people will never cease to amaze you. Not in a good way either.
Family update: Tom was doing well the last time I spoke with him. He seemed in good spirits and was getting a bit of cabin fever. Always a positive. Grandad had little complications with his surgery and is home. Grandma Peterson ( I definitely know where my "mean as a snake" attitude comes from) got a nurse fired from the nursing home. For good reason but still I have to laugh. I bet very few night shift nurses expect someone (who can't walk mind you) to tell them to get out of their room but she did. And she won. Again, I want to be her when I grow up.
I guess the moral of this post is that my feelings are hurt. I shouldn't be suprised but I am. By one person in particular. (chances are if you are reading this, you aren't that person) But I will continue to pray, for my family, for my health, for patience, for the right opportunity to come along, for my friends, and for the strength to forgive (the biggest challenge of all). Everything happens for a reason, I guess I will just wait for this one to play out.
9/11...Never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment