Monday, October 11, 2010

10-10-10

As everyone who knows me knows that I HATE birthdays. I am not sure when the birthday curse began but for as long as I can remember my birthdays have always left a lot to be desired. Now I know after the 21st birthday, there isnt really any big milestone to celebrate but yet I guess everyone would still like to have a day that they feel really special. Not so much the case with me. But inevitably my birthday came around, like every year, and I was prepared again for a let down. Little did I know that not even a week prior to my birthday that I would lose my job. My job that I devoted 7 years to. I could continue to rant on here about how angry I still am about the whole situation but now that it has been officially a week, I have decided it is time to move on. I also like to think that the whole department is breathing a sigh of relief to find out that I did not file a grievance. On one hand, I really wanted to fight, just for the principle, on the other hand, even toying with the thought of filing a grievance today made my stomach more than a little ticked at me. I think my body is telling me to chill out, either that or it might be the pleuthra of crap that I ingested this weekend. Either way, the decision is done and I am okay with that. I feel I did the right thing for my physical, emotional, and mental health. It is time to worry about ME and what makes me happy. Now I can't tell you that I won't continue to curse in verbal diarrhea everytime the situation is brought up, right now it is just a knee jerk reaction, but I feel in time I will look back at this as an opportunity....or a big shove....or as my dad put it, a way to re-invent myself.
Back to my birthday. It was fun even though I still had a storm cloud over my head but every once in awhile the sun would shine through. My BFF came up, we met friends at Brunos and ate our weight in Bruno dough, then proceeded to deep fry oreos and snickers at their house. We had a blast, my stomach hurt, not sure if it was the laughing or the mass amount of deep fried goodness but either way, totally worth it. None of us could remember the last time the group of us had hung out, so it had been awhile. Then me and Faughn finally returned home to groan on the couch and give up and collapse into a food coma. Oh and Boiler up! Sunday we enjoyed delicious Applefest cinnamon rolls only to be called less than 30min later and invited to lunch. So we went with Leah and Kevin and the kids to lunch....this is where things started to get creepy. Let's just say that El Meson celebrates birthdays a little stranger than anywhere else IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. Exaggeration, maybe. How I felt at the time and still do, definitely. But it was all in good fun and good food. I think at this point Amber and I swear off food for the rest of the day. This was followed by my parents showing up and shopping and O'Charleys. Soup only though, whew. It was a good birthday, a little busy, a lot of food, a messy house, and minimal thought regarding the "situation." And lots of B-day wishes, thanks everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good weekend. It was great to hang out. We need to it more often, maybe with less fried stuff!!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the creepy El Mason celebration. I have never seen a birthday song there and we definitely had no idea.

    ReplyDelete