Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Such a funny little dog...

Well I have had Tess for awhile now. She has kinda blended into the background of chaos. But lately I am really starting to witness her personality. So first, ealier this week, I tried in good faith to keep her in the kitchen loose with the other dogs...unfortunately she not only jumped the baby gate but she rescued all the stuffed animals and toys from the kitchen. Either she is part Marine or she was just being bitchy and taking all the toys away from Phoebe and Dudley. I may or may not have wrote about that story, but either way, you got to read it again. Then the other night, Phoebe was playing with this obnoxious witch toy that Mom had given them. It cackles whenever you hit it...well it probably continually went off for close to 30minutes while Phoebe was beating the shit out of it. Mom and Dad are lucky that their phone was busy...otherwise they would have gotten a very obnoxious phone call. Later that night, the witch ended up in the hallway where I accidently kicked it and made it start witching....Phoebe had already settled down for the night but to ensure no more witchiness, Tess very deliberately got up from her bed, grabbed the witch, and put it in the living room before round 2 of witch beating started. Now finally, this morning, I got Tess's kennel ready for the day before I went to take a shower. This involves, putting her bed (bathmat) down, filling up the water bowl, and throwing some toys in there. When I came out of the shower...Tess had cleared out her kennel. It was completely bare. Apparently she thought that if there was nothing in there, I wouldn't put her in there. Unfortunately that is not the case. I feel sorry for the girl, but I just can't let her loose....maybe someday she will have enough sense to stay in the kitchen, or at least not leave any evidence showing otherwise.
Now everyone knows that I am a royal klutz...so waiting this long without health insurance is not ideal for me. Granted I should have frequent flyer miles at the ER but that doesnt make me feel any better. I have been trying to put this whole ordeal behind me. But everyday I anxiously check my mail looking for my COBRA info. Today, after the "two weeks" I was told, I called the Purdue Benefits to find out what is going on. They directed me to the company in charge of COBRA and they have NEVER HEARD OF ME. Now COME ON! Please quit adding insult to injury (no pun intended). Just let me go on my way. Luckily, Debra (nice lady) assured me that within 48hrs I will be able to access my info online. Fingers crossed this all works out. This daily reminder has also put me in a moral dilemma....I have a co-worker who I considered myself to be pretty close to. Close enough that I thought if there were any issues she would talk to me. Well she was out, due to a family emergency, when all this drama went down. I have no idea if she was one that stabbed me in the back or not. I haven't contacted her concerning the family emergency since it happened because I was too dumbfounded by the situation. Also I am not a person who bugs people in big emergencies, I will get the weekly update, but it is time to spend time with the family, I always feel like I am intruding. Now I am trying to figure out if I should reconnect and be the bigger person and ask her about the emergency and how things are going or if it is too late....granted the road runs both ways and I haven't heard a damn thing from her and there has been plenty going on with me and my family before the situation. It sucks to think of writing off a friend like that, but at the same time, maybe she wrote me off a long time ago. It is not fair. C-diff is real people! Talk to me and I would have told you the pain that I went through. But it is too late now...it is all too late. I am stubborn (Peterson side of the family). It is just another thing to keep me up at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment