Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!!!


So everyone knows that Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday! It was the one holiday that we could go overboard with decorating, and our house would still be the cool house. It also had a lot to do with the fact that mom worked evenings and would leave me and dad home alone to create all kinds of cool decorations. Some of these decorations still live on and the neighborhood looks forward to them every year, like the giant eyes in the garage windows. Anyhoo, this halloween hasn't quite been as extravagent as my last ones. I tell myself and others that part of the reason is that the new crazy dog just isn't ready for all kinds of lights, moving decorations, and trick or treaters, but I also know deep down that it has a lot to do with everything that has gone on in the past two months. But I found a way to celebrate my favorite holiday anyways, and still had a blast doing it. I went to Indy this weekend to visit my old roommate who had come across the brilliant idea of eating at The Williard and then seeing the Nightmare before Christmas on the big screen. Of course, since I am OBSESSED with Nightmare, I was happy to find something different to do plus I had heard that the Williard is supposedly haunted. I didn't want kids ringing my doorbell, scaring the beejeezuz out of Tess and I wasn't quite in the Halloweeny mood. So I boarded the dogs, trial run for upcoming holidays, and off to Indy I went. Another point of excitement was that Mandy had recently moved into a new house and wanted to show it off. Her selling point to me was that she had a Bidet in her guest bathroom. Now everyone knows that with my digestive issues, a Bidet would sometimes seem...um....refreshing. Though I still wonder how exactly you are supposed to dry your bottom, is there a dry cycle, or is there a designated towel for said behind....I still don't know because after witnessing her "Bidet" I did not try it out....here are some pics....
If I knew it was only a kitchen sprayer, I might not have gotten my securtiy deposits back on some of the places I rented.....



Her house is adorably cute, even if I slept in a neon melon room that made my eyes bleed in the morning. Plus, did I mention that Mandy loves to cook? Yeah so we had everything from the famous spinach artichoke dip to totinos pizza to a helluva spread for breakfast this morning. Thank you Mandy!!


The movie was awesome, like that is a surprise, but I have never seen it on a big screen. Not to mention the movie was $5 and candy and popcorn with drinks was $5 (with free refills on popcorn). People may wonder how I have never seen the movie that I am obsessed with on the big screen, well it came out in 1993 and I really don't know if it actually showed in the wonderful Linton theater. But my obsession came later when I was a student teacher for the art class and we showed it. That was when my love began. We had good food, great drinks, and great entertainment. All in all I chalk it up to a great get-away. I slightly missed the dogs but it was nice not having them.


I came home today (Halloween) where we had planned for a gathering for Trunk or Treating at the church up the street but when I pick up the pups, Phoebe had injured herself somehow (really have no clue, but she is an idiot so not all that surprised.)

I still managed to see the educated dragon and the sweet snow princess while my dog was in her pathetic painful glory. Here are some more pics of the Halloween haunters and the dogs in their costumes...Where is Tess's costume....well she was hiding in my bedroom so I didn't want to torment her too much..maybe later. Now I plan to veg on the couch, watch the Live Ghost Hunters Marathon and pray no trick or treaters come by. Halloween next year will be fully decorated I hope. Happy Halloween Everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. How amazing was that weekend? Ok, not like seeing Pat Benatar at Starbucks or anything.... Glad you had a good time! I did too. It was SO great to see you! Even if the bidet turned out to be a let down. I never promised you a rose garden! And I'm pretty sure I DID specify initially that is was a Bidet Ole! Whatever in the hell that means. Didn't the box say "as seen on tv?" I'm glad I never witnessed THOSE infomercials. *Shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  2. We definitely need to keep up the visitations more often, though not so sure about boarding the dogs.. :)
    Next time we need to "take a picture!"
    I do NOT want to see what a Bidet Ole infomercial consists of, hopefully not before and after....

    ReplyDelete