Friday, October 15, 2010

Homecoming...

Purdue may have hurt me, but I still bleed black and gold! Boiler up! Tonight was the Homecoming parade and it is always a blast, not only for me but Dudley got his much needed one on one time with his momma. Here is a pic of a happy Duddy:



It is really hard to get good pics when the parade starts because it is usually dark and then it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a picture of a black dog at night....plus he is usually obsessed with strutting his stuff and all the flashing lights. We followed one of the coolest floats I have ever seen. It was a pirate ship that rocked back and forth, but the coolest part was the back:

So we had fun, Dudley is fast asleep now. And the girls didn't do too much damage being loose in the kitchen on their own...or at least I haven't found said damage yet. I am pretty sure as I was backing out, Tess had already jumped the baby gate and was barking in the living room, but I am going to believe that is NOT true.

This is Vet Tech week. So this has been going around FB a lot:

Right now a vet tech is helping a animal become a mother, is holding the paw
of a dying dog, is inserting an IV into a kitten, is listening to an owner tell
a story and is missing their pets while caring for yours. Vet techs save lives.
Re-post if you are a vet tech or appreciate one --National Veterinary Technician
Week -- Oct. 10-16, ......

It makes me happy because this week has definitely taken a toll on me. After I posted it, at least two more friends (non tech) reposted it. It is good to feel appreciated and to know that what I do makes a difference. Sometimes that career midlife crisis seems a little foolish. Yeah I don't make the money I need, but I make a difference...at least I hope I do. So with that said, I am going to find some food and watch some TV. Tomorrow is a new day, next week is a new week, and everyday is going to get better than the one before because I LOVE my co-workers. My stomach does hurt when I get home, it could be from 1 on 3 things: all the food, stress, or laughing. Maybe a mix of all three.

Tom came through chemo fine. If you would like to read the journey he has taken please go to his blog. It is amazing. Hang in there bro!

www.theonenutwonder.blogstpot.com

1 comment: