Sunday, October 17, 2010

I'm in a glass case of emotions...

Not only a great movie but an excellent description of how I feel. Mostly pretty positive, kinda apprehensive, some concern for the bro, with a dash of bitter still thrown in there. I went out to late lunch/early dinner tonight with some Red Cross friends and enjoyed some adult beverages. I had to fill them in on the past couple of weeks. I know I am still bitter, speaking about it continues to bring up the sense of betrayal, but I had a text message today that made me want to cry. My new boss texted me today to ask me how I was doing. Not once since the whole incident have I heard from anyone in my old "team." It made me realize that I left a job and joined a family. A slightly disfunctional family, but a family nonetheless. It is these people and the tons of other responses that I have gotten that made me realize that I was no longer happy. I cannot pinpoint the time when I stopped being happy there, but apparently I did and everyone saw it. Even my body knew it, but somehow my brain doesn't listen. Nothing new there. I don't know what the future will hold, I know I have a lot of work ahead of me, and the stress is still going to keep coming but hopefully all major illnesses will hold off until I get my health insurance back (damn you COBRA). And why when you are in a money crunch do you suddenly need things?? Not want but need....like contacts, or comfy shoes, or long sleeved scrub tops. I guess that is just Murphy's Law.
On the positive note, Mario has found a new home. And it is not my front porch where he is pictured here:

No comments:

Post a Comment