Thursday, October 7, 2010

Can you be bitter and happy at the same time?

My answer is yes. At least that is how I am feeling today. I am happy, for once in a long time, I am pretty content, but then every time I think about "The" situation (not to be confused with "the situation") a fire starts burning somewhere deep inside me. Maybe it is because I am hurt. See I talked to the HR lady yesterday and found out some very unfortunate things that I probably shouldn't have known which make me totally NOT want my job back. Some people would fight for closure....and I was tempted. But is it really worth it? Is it really worth the emotional trauma of going in front of a firing squad and still not be able to confront the people that I want to confront? Probably not...I have to monday to decide. I was reading my devotional last night, and this verse was in it:
Whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you
have whispered behind closed doors will be proclaimed from the housetops. Luke
12:3
It kind of was a sign for me, maybe that was God's way of providing me closure.

After being thrown out the window, I feel I am like a cat...I landed on my feet. Okay maybe not exactly like a cat, I landed curled up in a ball, stayed there for a day, and then got up on my feet. More like the retarded turtle my roommate's boyfriend found dried upside down in the mud. Everytime we would leave the turtle alone, we would come back and find him stuck somehow upside down in his aquarium, with his legs flailing and we had to right him back up. I am not that helpless, it just took me a minute to shake the fall off and start again. So I have a plan, and to tell you the truth, I am happy. I haven't been able to say that in a long time...plus I have used this week to catch up with some old friends. Next week is a new week, tomorrow is a new day and it seems as each day dawns, some good news arrives. Like today we found out grandma gets to go home in 2 weeks!! Hooray! Thanks to all for the prayers, I appreciate them more than you will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment