Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sorry parties!

Well I just finished up my first week. It went good (at least in my mind...). I didn't kill anything, I don't think I ticked anyone off, and I only had a couple of moments of failure. I blame the moments of failure on my complete lack of sleep. This week has taken a toll on me emotionally. And usually when emotions are involved then my brain never shuts off at night. Now granted I had monday off and didn't go in until 2pm on Wednesday, the rest of the days leave little time for me to have down time. By the time I get home after a 8, 10, or 12 hour day the dogs are constantly up my ass until bedtime...which is fine. I miss them too. But when you have little sleep, emotional overload, and the beginnings of some massive buttsplosions, you need a little peace and quiet. Which I finally got. Yesterday. When I was supposed to make an appearance at two different parties. See, I got home from work, changed my clothes, and had some caffeine and lunch. I was then cold, which I always am after I eat. It could be 90degrees out and I will still be freezing after eating. I curl up in my Spongebob blanket and....wake up 2.5 hours later. WHAT?!?!?! The dogs had left me alone?? See I assumed I would be safe curling up in the living room because it usually ends up with Phoebe trying to get under the blanket and out of the blanket, under the blanket, out of the blanket, meanwhile the black dogs are barking at any wheeled vehicles going by (with the exclusion of cars). Dudley has always had a hatred of motorcycles, which I thought would dissipate moving onto a cul-de-sac. Little did I know there was an alcoholic with a rascal who cruises the street, which he HATES. I think he feels in his mind, he could actually take this strange motorcycles, or maybe he is just alerting me to the fact that there is a rascal since I seem to have a strange obsession with them after Key West. Long story. But no blanket hogging Jack/rat, no crazy blackdogs for two hours. I think they might have been a little scared after the friday morning kidnapping of the neighborhood cat to get neutered, or they actually realized that their mom needed some quiet time. Either way, 2.5hours later, I wake up to realize that I missed both parties (cause I was way beyond fashionably late) and there was a stuffed animal massacre in my living room (I didn't say the dogs were good while I was asleep, just quiet!). I also realized that I felt okay. No racing thoughts, no panic, no impending feeling of stress. I watched some more of my catch up dvr-d shows and went to bed AGAIN with only minimal medicinal help which included the darvocet. I needed it since I didn't move for 2.5 hours on the couch after being on my feet in the new New Balance tone shoes all week. I wake up this morning still feeling decent and take the dogs out in the nick of time before the sudden rainfall. I notice Tess being a little more neurotic than her usual rescue dog self when I realize that all the time I have had her, there has not been one thunderstorm. We had some small bits of thunder this morning and she was anxious, good to know. Also sad to note the lack of thunderstorms in so very long.
I apologize to all about missing the parties!!! Hope you had a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment